Sunday, March 6, 2011

EEG Results

Sent on Feb. 28, 2011
 
Hi All,
Just sending an update to say we got some hard news today.  The pediatrician called to tell us the results of the EEG were not typical for what we thought was causing the seizures.  (It was not the typical spike and dome of Petit Mal Absence seizures, as we thought).  She is having seizure activity on the right side of her brain, which is a concern.
 
The Pediatrician consulted with a Neurologist down at Children's Hospital - and they want to schedule an appointment sooner than April 5th.  He also wants us to have an MRI done now.
 
So....please pray for little Gia this Wednesday, at 9:30am we have to take her to McKee Hospital for the MRI.  She has to go under general anesthesia since she's so young (you can't move at all during the procedure).    I'm sad she has to have an IV and go through all this.
 
The hard part was looking at the physician's orders on the paperwork that the Radiology Dept. gave me.  My Pediatrician wrote 'abnormal EEG' - 'Brain Mass/Abnormality'.   Of course this is not a diagnosis... but the MRI is being ordered to rule it out.  Still hard to see those words on paper about your child.
 
I wanted to share how loved we feel - in the midst of this hard news.  Last night we had a wonderful night out with the girls for sushi (unusual for a venture out like this to go well)... it was a special gift to really enjoy eachother and have fun as a family.  Then, that night - Jeremiah and I had some extended time in prayer together and felt the Lord speaking encouragement to us through these recent trials.  Specifically, for me - I believe the Lord said 'I want to give you joy in the midst of this'.   I had been praying about other circumstances I'd been dealing with, realizing how much I had recently been allowing myself to dwell on my sorrows and stay in a place of discouragement.   I woke up this morning and began writing down verses on joy.  I really felt that the Lord wanted me to focus on JOY. 
 
That was all prior to hearing the news from my Pediatrician.   I really believe that our Heavenly Father was preparing our hearts to receive this news. 
 
We are also amazed at the timing of getting the medicaid coverage when we did.  As much as it was difficult that Jeremiah experienced a downturn in work over the holidays - it was the reason we qualified for Medicaid this month.  SUCH a blessing that we don't have to be worried about more medical bills on top of the anxiety that these tests are bringing.  God is so in control of the details of our lives!
 
How thankful I am to have Him going before us.  I am trusting in his love to carry us through, and choosing to cling to His goodness - and His promise to give joy.
 
Thank you for your prayers and love,
Sarah & Jeremiah
Psalm 30:11 -12
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
      You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
 
Jeremiah 29:  11-14
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. 
"They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 
In those days when you pray I will listen. 
If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you you seek me. 
I will be found by you," says the Lord.  "
I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes.  I will gather you out
of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land."       

No comments:

Post a Comment